Using Dr. Gant’s book End Your Addiction Now, Matt Finch discusses the highly important yet almost always overlooked second element of Phase 2 of recovery – Detoxification.
There are 2 factors in Detox.
One detoxes the substance out of their body of course, but general detoxification done simultaneously can greatly increase your health and relapse prevention phase of life. General detoxification is reducing the toxic load in the liver, chelation, phase 2 heavy metal detoxification, lowering oxidative stress and inflammation, and more.
Here are the main topics discussed in Episode #322:
- What is toxic load?
- The 3 main causes of high toxic load
- High exposure to toxins
- Breakdown of the body’s barriers against toxins
- The inability of the liver to adequately process toxins
- Nutritional supplements that will help you win the battle against toxins
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- How long to use the supplements for
- What about using this protocol while I’m still using substances?
Recommended resources you might find useful:
Disclaimer: This episode is for informational/educational use only and does not constitute medical advice. Please consult with your physician if you believe you may have a health condition.