In this riveting episode, Adam Goodson, the founder of Impactful Changes Hypnosis, provides his wisdom and expertise on the use of hypnosis and neuro-linguistic programming to help people heal addictions and mental health disorders.
I first met Adam a few years ago.
I was teaching my first weekend workshop on “How To Make Money Blogging” and he was one of my students.
Right away I loved his energy and personality, and when I asked him what he did for a living, he told me that he was a hypnotist.
I’ve been intrigued by hypnosis for many years, and after getting to know Adam, it was apparent that he was truly dedicated to continuing lifelong improvement and mastery in this treatment modality.
We become friends on Facebook and have stayed in contact ever since.
And when I posted a notice on social media that I was looking for guests to be on Season 1 of the Elevation Recovery Podcast, he contacted me about it, and of course I was thrilled to schedule an episode recording with him.
Here are some of the topics discussed in this episode:
- Experiences from serving in the military
- Family dynamics
- When and why he became interested in hypnosis and neuro-linguistic programming (NLP)
- Lessons learned from attending hypnosis and NLP seminars, workshops, trainings, and from reading books on these subjects
- Getting mentored in hypnosis by the legendary Steve Piccus (who also attended my blogging workshop with Adam)
- Working as a hypnotist for a living
- Helping clients with mental health disorders, addiction, PTSD, trauma, and many other types of issues using hypnosis and NLP
- Providing NLP treatment to people detoxing from drugs at a NAD Treatment Center
- The power of the subconscious mind
- Common problems that lots of clients present with (such as guilt, shame, and unworthiness)
- Addiction as a “secondary gain”
- Effective hypnosis techniques for helping people with substance use disorders and mental health disorders
- Different formats of individual client sessions he provides (such as “The Lazarus Process Program”, “Masterful Paradigm Shift”, and more)
- Types of workshops he puts on (eg “Introduction to Trance” and “Preventing Burn Out at Work and Home”)
- Why he provides free consultations and what those entail
Resources discussed in this episode: