Chris Scott and Matt Finch discuss earthing (aka grounding) and the mechanisms of action, health benefits, and applications for addiction recovery. Additionally, they talk about various supplements, books, and other resources that have helped them at various times in their lives post-addiction.
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- Addiction news updates
- A CrossFit gym owner helps people with substance use disorders get clean with fitness.
- A new pill was shown in studies on mice to help reduce the frequency of drinking and the amount of alcohol consumed each drinking episode.
- Researchers in Finland say they found the cure for hangovers in the form of a supplement called L-Cysteine (although the small study was paid for by a company that sells this supplement)
- How Chris started falling asleep with ease using 3 grams of Now Foods Glycine Powder nightly.
- Finding out what neurotransmitter deficiencies you have using The Mood Questionnaire on JuliaRossCures.com
- Why Matt uses 1-2 TSP of MSM powder daily for joint health and skin health
- Rates of people with online gambling and online gaming addiction have gone up significantly during the pandemic
- Chris takes the test for COVID-19 and comes up negative for the virus
- How Chris had eczema on his wrist but saw it vanish within days of swimming daily in the sun in San Diego, California
- Earthing (aka grounding) benefits
- Chris on his new grounding mat that wraps around his wrist while he works on the computer
- How touching your bare feet on the surface of the earth provides the brain and body with a surplus of natural anti-inflammatories and antioxidants
- How most physical and mental issues are caused in part or entirely by either inflammation, free radicals, or the combo of both
- Our modern way of living is in disharmony with our biological needs for health and wellness
- Doing breathing exercises in the car rocks due to NET time (No Extra Time-NET)
- The Earthing Movie
- Research study on the effects of grounding (earthing)
- Why Matt highly recommends the book called Psycho-Cybernetics
- Improvement is a never-ending process
- Unlimited Power and Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins were books that Chris and Matt read and loved in early recovery
Recovery Courses mentioned: