The Elevation Recovery Podcast mission is to help rapidly progress the stagnant fields of addiction and mental health treatment.
Throughout the many episodes of the show, you’ll learn a wide variety of addiction recovery and mental health recovery concepts, philosophies, strategies, tactics, tools, and resources.
Co-Hosts Matt Finch and Chris Scott of Opiate Addiction Support and Fit-Recovery merge together on the Elevation Recovery Podcast to interview a wide array of guests on topics that will help to advance the fields of addiction and mental health treatment.
In this first episode, Matt and Chris talk about the following:
- The purpose and mission of the Elevation Recovery Podcast
- Who the intended audience is
- Who the show is not a good fit for
- The bio/psycho/social/spiritual concept of addiction and mental health issues
- 12-Step meetings (pros and cons)
- Self-Improvement/personal development as a model for recovery
- The biochemical aspect of addiction/mental illness and recovery
- What types of guests will be featured on the show
- Creating an empowering identity
- Changing your belief systems and thought patterns
- Controlling Your Frames (CYF)
- Abstinence vs Harm Reduction vs Responsible Use
- Personalized and individualized treatment protocols
- Healing the brain with natural modalities
- Myths and misconceptions
- Groupthink vs self-reliance
- Importance of educating yourself from a wide variety of sources
Education is Key
We now live in a world that is oversaturated with information, which can make it extremely difficult to find the right info that you need.
But with the Elevation Recovery Podcast, we’re going to make it simple for you to browse through the episodes and find the information that is relevant for you, personally, and that resonates with you.
All you need to do is keep an open mind, listen to the show, take notes, and decide for yourself which concepts, ideas, strategies, and resources you like, and which ones you don’t.
Take action on the things you feel would work best for you…
And discard the ideas, strategies, and resources that aren’t a good fit for you.
Good luck on your learning journey, and we fully support you and care about you.
Please subscribe, and leave a comment below if this is a topic that is also important to you.
Here is a list of resources mentioned in the episode:
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists
- The Way of The Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire
- The Mood Cure: The 4-Step Program to Take Charge of Your Emotions
- End Your Addiction Now: The Proven Nutritional Supplement Program That Can Set You Free
- Alcohol Recovery Coaching
- Opiate Recovery Coaching
Right-click here and save as to download this episode to your computer.
Great introductory episode for those who are not familiar with you gents!