In this episode, you’ll hear an extraordinary story of recovering from opioid addiction from Garrett Gray.
Garrett lives in Thorsby, Alabama, with his wife and children.
He owns two Subway franchises, and he’s also getting into real estate.
His life is truly amazing right now, but less than a year ago he was in a dark place.
After getting addicted to opioids, he eventually got on Suboxone so he didn’t have to worry about buying pills from drug dealers anymore.
But according to Garrett, the Suboxone made him lazy and had other side effects that were ruining his quality of life.
What propelled Garrett to end his opioid addiction for good was an ultimatum from his wife.
She stated that if he didn’t quit being an opioid addict, she was going to divorce him and take custody of their children.
Garrett didn’t want to lose his family, so he went through the difficult process of ending his opioid addiction once and for all.
You’ll hear all about how he quit opioids successfully and transformed his life during this episode.
It is one of the most inspirational and heart-centered recovery stories you’ll ever hear.
Here are some of the topics Garrett talks about in this episode:
- What life was like addicted to opioids
- The process of detoxing off Suboxone
- Using supplements to ease acute and post-acute opioid withdrawal symptoms
- Taking hot Epsom salt baths for relaxation, sleep, and sore muscles
- Getting back into exercise once he started to get his energy back
- Focusing on eating better to heal his brain and enhance mood and energy
- Optimizing sleep habits
- Watching YouTube videos on personal development and motivation
- Listening to lots of audiobooks on self-improvement
- The power of prayer and spirituality
- Wanting to make his father who had recently passed away proud
- Fostering success habits
- Developing a powerful morning routine
- Doing weekly one-hour phone sessions with his opiate recovery coach
- Going through the “7-Levels Deep Exercise”
Here is a list of the resources mentioned in this episode:
- David Goggins
- The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success
- Cold Shower Therapy
- Opiate Recovery Coaching
- 7-Levels Deep Exercise (PDF Worksheet)
- Team Prayer by Coach Lou Holtz