Matt Finch shares some of the key concepts regarding natural highs, including the varieties of physical highs, emotional highs, mental highs, and spiritual highs. Natural and healthy highs are adaptive coping tools that actually replace the desire to use drugs and alcohol to get high.
In this Season 4 Premiere, Matt shares with you his favorite natural highs that can help you make it through post-acute withdrawal and also help you eliminate cravings forever.
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- How most people enjoy lots of natural highs as kids and adolescents
- How regular use of drugs and/or alcohol destroy the natural pleasure/reward center in the brain and thus become the only way a person can feel good
- Importance of intentionally using natural highs or getting through PAWS and for relapse prevention
- The different subsets of natural highs and how you can combine them for bigger and more benefits
- Physical highs
- Mental highs
- Emotional highs
- Spiritual highs
- ‘Matt’s Top 16 Natural Highs for Addiction Recovery’
Resources mentioned in this episode: