In this information-packed episode, Chris Scott interviews John Umhau, M.D., who has decades of experience researching and treating alcohol addiction.
Topics of their discussion range from omega-3s, inflammatory cytokines, and the gut-liver-brain axis to naltrexone and The Sinclair Method.
If you’re in early recovery and trying to optimize your physical and mental health, you’ll definitely want to listen to this episode!
Here are the main topics and resources discussed in this episode:
- The one type of food that Dr. Umhau has connected to better chances of alcohol recovery
- How alcohol causes inflammation in the gut
- How gut inflammation affects the liver and brain
- How inflammatory cytokines impact mood and can even keep people trapped in alcohol addiction
- How The Sinclair Method works
- Chris’s book, Drinking Sucks!
- Dr. Umhau’s website: AlcoholRecoveryMedicine.com