Kamila was such a chronic alcoholic that her health was deteriorating faster and faster and it didn’t seem like she had the ability to stop, as the cravings controlled her and completely dominated her mind and behavior.
And after numerous visits from the paramedics, trips to the ER, alternative outpatient programs, medical detoxes, inpatient treatment, and AA meetings, none of those were the catalysts that helped her quit alcohol and change her life for the better.
What did help her recover, however, was joining a particular company and team that taught her to begin changing the way she looked at life, strengthening her mindset, enhancing her mental and physical health, and surrounding herself with peers that were positive, inspiring, and supportive.
Here is Kamila’s Story…
Kamila is Ukranian and grew up in Poland. She moved to Canada with her family when she was 15 and was picked on in school because she hadn’t learned to speak English yet, and she ended up dropping out.
Years later she decided to go back to school. When she went to college, she would drink heavily from time to time, but living with her strict parents made it easy to keep her drinking under control as they enforced a nightly curfew.
At the age of 28, Kamila left her parents house and moved into a home with a new boyfriend and got a job in a nightclub where she worked three shifts a week. This is when her drinking started to get heavy.
Here’s a brief overview of the events that transpired in the following years:
- Started waking up at 8:30 am and shaking and waiting for 10 am to buy a bottle of wine at the store right when it opened.
- On-and-off binge drinking for years, slowing down during the week but drinking heavily on weekends.
- Going through alcohol withdrawal (panic attacks, tremors, etc.) several times and getting prescribed lorazepam to mitigate the withdrawal symptoms.
- After 7 or 8 years of this drinking pattern, she came into a lot of money and was finally able to leave her toxic boyfriend and got her own place.
- Kamila set a goal to quit drinking now that she had plenty of money and lived on her own, but instead, she started drinking more wine than ever before.
- Her friend had to come to babysit her on the weekends and there were constant 911 calls to the paramedics because she was so sick from alcohol abuse.
- She would take lorazepam then sleep it off for a few days, then start right back up drinking heavily again.
- Kamila went to see a doctor and was asked: “Why is your face so yellow?” And was instructed to go to the emergency room the following morning.
- At the ER they told her she had 6 months to live. Her liver was 2.5 times bigger and she was only 110 pounds at 5’7″, with a protruding stomach.
- She had to stay in the hospital and get treatment and 3 different specialists didn’t think she was going to make it. They stated they had never seen anything like this before.
- Kamila stayed in the hospital for 3 weeks. They kept giving her steroids and other meds and checked her blood constantly.
- This was the first time in over 10 years she stopped drinking for a whole month, but when she went home she began drinking wine again.
- Later on, she went to a detox facility that was 10 days long and did an alternative outpatient treatment program that she didn’t feel was a good fit for her.
- Eventually, Kamila attended a 3-week lockdown program and started going to AA meetings. She liked the structure and resonated with it, but when she left after 3 weeks, she began drinking wine heavily yet again.
Hitting Bottom & Finding a New Business
In November of 2018, Kamila was let go from her job. She abstained from alcohol for a while to visit her family during Christmas, but after the visit was over she started drinking again.
Kamila ran into a problem with the law, was let go from her job, had no income, and she remembers thinking “Now what? Now I’m really gone. Nothing is going to help me now.”
Fortunately, she found an opportunity where she could work from home and be her own boss, and the company she joined had a lot of training on strengthening your mindset.
Kamila found a mentor that instructed her to do positive affirmations, practice gratitude, and make new friends.
She didn’t like doing the writing exercises and affirmations at first, but she did them anyway because that’s what her mentors told her to do, and she had accountability partners doing the same exercises.
Falling in Love with Self-Development
Positive affirmations began to make Kamila feel better. No one in her business was talking about alcohol or drugs, and everyone was radiating positivity, connecting with people, building a business, and working to create their best lives.
Kamila started posting positive messages on Facebook and began to get a lot of followers and people being helped by her posts.
Here are some impactful events and resources that began changing Kamila’s life:
- One day she was walking by the liquor store by her house and she remembers thinking “Wow I really haven’t thought about this place in a long time!” For the first time in her life, it didn’t even cross her mind to buy wine and have a drink.
- The Bob Proctor quote “We all have infinite potential” really impacted her. She learned that thoughts become things and that if you can see it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand.
- She had a mindset paradigm shift and her whole outlook on life changed. Here’s a before-and-after pic of Kamila (alcohol-addicted on left, post-alcohol addiction on right)
- Kamila’s mom saw her after she had been off alcohol for a while and for the first time in years, Kamila didn’t see the fear in her mother’s eyes. She realized that her mom finally knew she had made it past alcohol addiction and that she was going to be fine.
- This was a deeply fulfilling moment for Kamila, and it made her feel so good to give that gift to her mother.
Here are some of the other topics and resources discussed in this episode:
- Millionaire Success Habits: The Gateway to Wealth & Prosperity, by Dean Graziosi
- 7 Levels Deep Why Exercise
- A step-by-step process for visualizing and manifesting your goals
- How to create and use positive affirmations
- ThinkUp Affirmations App
- The importance of finding a mentor
- The Gaia Channel
- Morning Routines and Daily Structure
- Surrounding yourself with people that motivate and inspire you and cheer for you
- CBD Oil
Where to learn more about Kamila Bielecka:
- Kamila’s Facebook Page
- MyDailyChoice.com/KamilaB (Where you can buy CBD health products and/or join the company Kamila is a part of — and have her mentor you to learn how to make money from home and work for yourself.