Chris Scott interviews Tiffany, a teacher who stumbled across Chris’s website Fit-Recovery.com a year ago. The information on supplementation and reframing alcohol helped her not only finally quit drinking, but get back in shape in just a few months.
If you want to kick addiction’s ass like Tiffany did, and rebuild yourself from scratch in 2020, be sure to listen to this uplifting episode!
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- Tiffany shares how her grandparents were alcoholics, but she was not a particularly heavy drinker in college
- The experience of late-onset alcohol addiction, which often involves the use of alcohol as a coping mechanism, which then activates a dormant underlying biochemical predisposition
- How a toxic relationship gave Tiffany her “breaking point” where she knew she had to quit drinking for good
- The information Tiffany used to finally quit drinking and deal with protracted withdrawal symptoms
- How Tiffany lost 75 pounds after quitting drinking and recovering fully from her foot injury
- How Tiffany started making new memories with her friends without alcohol and ultimately realized she would be okay with alcohol
- The importance of supportive “confidants” for navigating social situations post-alcohol
- The sense of empowerment that comes from alcohol-free life
Here are the resources mentioned in this episode: