In this episode, Chris Scott interviews Tricia Lewis, host of the very popular Recovery Happy Hour Podcast. Tricia discusses how she got hooked on alcohol, how she quit, and shares her fascinating views on issues pertinent to addiction recovery today.
***After this episode, Tricia invited Chris to give a nutrition workshop at her retreat in Dallas on January 3-5, 2020. This is an exclusive event with only 30 spots, so be sure to sign up here before it sells out!!
Here are the main topics and resources discussed in this episode:
- Drinking as both a coping mechanism and a genetic predisposition
- How we conceptualize post-acute withdrawal
- Combining AA with therapy and other strategies
- How to leverage the “digital recovery revolution” for sustained progress – podcasts, websites, Facebook groups, etc.
- How Tricia was able to avoid relapsing when she got very close
- The biochemical vs psychological factors involved in alcohol addiction
- How to have a balanced and self-compassionate approach to life after quitting drinking
- How the younger generations view non-drinking as a “wellness choice,” in turn helping to expand the Recovery Revolution
- Recovery Elevator Podcast
- Recovery Happy Hour Podcast
- ***Beyond The Bottle Retreat in Dallas (Click Here to sign up – after the podcast, Tricia invited Chris Scott to give a workshop on nutrition!!)