Synopsis: Chris Scott interviews Kyle Ruggeri, founder of Soberdogs Recovery, about his story with alcohol addiction, how he learned when to start his recovery journey, and changing your mental state to have a positive outlook on your future without alcohol. Kyle is a Certified Peer Recovery Coach – CRPA (Certified Recovery Peer Advocate). Kyle is a recovering addict and alcoholic. Soberdogs works with recovery organizations around the country to help bring attention to the ongoing issue of addiction.
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- Kyle’s personal story with alcohol addiction
- The point at which Kyle decided to do something about his addiction
- Searching for those glimmers of hope during the recovery process
- Combination of 12-Step programs and other physical, psychological, and spiritual therapies
- Finding life enjoyable without alcohol
- Visualizing life recovering from addiction
- Why it seems like people succumb to addiction
- People won’t change unless they are determined and want to themselves
- Looking for things that serve us rather than destroy us
- How dogs helped Kyle
- Where you can find more info on Soberdogs Recovery
Links to Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Disclaimer: This episode is for informational/educational use only and does not constitute medical advice. Please consult with your physician if you believe you may have a health condition.