Matt Finch interviews Hunter (“Mamoon”), founder of 14 Step, about his severe addiction to using Xanax Gummies and other benzos and how he recovered.
Mamoon became addicted soon after beginning Xanax gummies and says they helped him to breathe when normally it was hard to breathe due to so much anxiety.
After multiple run-ins with the police and court system, Mamoon’s parents sent him to Wilderness Therapy which wasn’t the end of his Benzo use but the beginning of the end.
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- Hunter (Mamoon) grew up in Raleigh, North Carolina
- In high school, his town had huge amounts of Xanax gummies and other benzos
- Mamoon starts partnering with friends to go on Dark Web and buy Xanax Gummies with Bitcoin
- Mamoon becomes a daily Xanax user and his tolerance and dependence skyrocket
- Getting busted with a backpack full of Xanax Gummies and Pot Brownies
- Put on probation and not able to get in trouble for 12 months to avoid felony
- Pulled over by police with a backpack full of Xanax Gummies right before college started
- Gets sent to Wilderness Therapy in Southern Utah in the Winter as an alternative to incarceration
- After Wilderness Therapy returns to using Benzos in a Relapse
- Eventually recovers from and then transcends addiction completely
- Starts 14 Step and creates 14Step.com
Recommended resources you might find useful:
- 14 Step YouTube Channel
- Total Alcohol Recovery Program
- Ultimate Opioid Recovery Program
Disclaimer: This episode is for informational/educational use only and does not constitute medical advice. Please consult with your physician if you believe you may have a health condition.