Matt Finch interviews his mother, Jane Richmond, about her life growing up with alcoholic parents and how things changed when her dad joined AA, the abandonment, codependency, and health issues she faced and overcame, and how for close to 4 decades she has been helping others with their body/mind/spirit health.
About Jane Richmond
Jane Richmond is the co-director of Self-Heal School and supervises the Self-Heal Herbal Clinic. She enjoys guiding people on their path to wholeness through her classes in herbs, nutrition, prosperity consciousness, and energy healing, as well as through her writing, annual women’s retreats, and private clinical practice.
- She has practiced as a professional herbalist, nutritional consultant, and deep intuitive since 1982.
- Jane is available for private health consultations, energy healing, and aura readings.
- In her practice, she helps clients develop a self-caring and healthy attitude to bring about wholeness.
- Jane teaches how to nourish yourself, become more in touch with your spirit, and inspire you to care for yourself.
- She gives you the tools to take charge of your own health at all three levels – body, mind, and heart.
- Her goal is to inspire her clients’ self-healing and to empower them in their quest for health and happiness.
- Jane provides a comprehensive health assessment and creates a specialized treatment program for each client.
- She guides her clients in exploring the origins of their health issues before recommending herbal therapies and dietary supplements as an affordable, natural alternative to drug therapy.
- Jane also offers guidance in healthy diet choices and lifestyle, and stress management.
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- Growing up in the 1950s with alcohol-addicted parents and feeling unsafe in the world
- Developing abandonment issues and later codependency issues and stomach/digestion problems
- How Jane’s dad, Cal Richmond, got sober in AA never drank again, while also sponsoring a lot of men and running meetings and living the program
- Cal and Jane’s mom, Ruth Richmond, helped found the Pioneer’s Club in Chula Vista, around the early 1960s
- How Cal brought 12-step meetings to jails and brought sponsees to his house for Thanksgiving and gave them jobs
- Doing traditional therapy and alternative therapies for psychological and physical health and finding what worked
- Finding a spiritual teacher, Prem Rawat, and going deep into a meditation practice that has remained daily for more than 40 years (learn more at PremRawat.com, download the “Timeless Today” app, or sign up for the free course called The Peak Education Program — which stands for Peace, Education, and Knowledge
- Co-founding the Self-Heal School of Herbal Studies & Healing with her partner, John Finch
- Teaching classes on herbs, nutrition, energy healing, and more
- Dealing with two kids that struggled with addiction (including her son, Matt Finch, of Elevation Recovery)
- The story of how Matt Finch overdosed on opioids and benzos and nearly died, from the perspective of Jane watching her son come so close to death
- How Jane helps people with private consultations
- New class schedule for her school which went online at the start of COVID-19
- Lessons she has learned in life and the spiritual path of inner-peace
- Abundance consciousness
- Vibrations of energy from emotional states
- The Hierarchy of Vibrational Frequencies
- Staying connected to God and love and noticing whenever you fall out of alignment then course-correcting
- “Nothing changes until your vibration changes”
- Melissa Feick interview on Elevation Recovery about healing from trauma and addiction
- Choosing positive thoughts and empowering narratives for your life
- Supporting health with diet and herbs
How to learn more about Jane Richmond: