Chris Scott interviews Jordan Young, the CEO of a consulting firm that advises behavioral health companies including many leading addiction treatment centers.
Over 10 years sober himself, Jordan shares insights into ending the vicious cycle of addiction, forging a new sense of purpose, what to look for when choosing a treatment center for yourself or a loved one, and recent trends in addiction treatment services.
In an admissions role, Jordan worked with over 4,000 patients to help them find appropriate treatment facilities to fit their needs. He oversaw a prominent national behavioral healthcare conference series that produced 17 conferences that featured over 1,700 exhibitors and 16,000 attendees.
Through his work with producing educational and networking events, Jordan established thousands of relationships individuals and organizations within the behavioral healthcare field.
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- Jordan’s experience with hitting rock bottom over 10 years ago
- The shift in Jordan’s mentality before he finally quit drinking
- The difference between “wanting to want to quit” and wanting to quit for yourself
- Jordan’s positive experience using the AA program to quit drinking
- Accepting that not all “alcoholics” live under bridges
- How to tap into your own resolve and capacity for “transcendence”
- The similarities in mentality that exist for people who successfully quit drinking, whether or not they utilize AA
- How life is fuller and there’s more to do after quitting drinking
- How outpatient treatment helped Jordan in early recovery
- Examining relationships after quitting drinking (friendships vs drinking buddies)
- How Jordan transitioned from his old job into working with addiction treatment providers
- How taking a pay cut and a step back from “career” can help you take a step forward in your recovery, and ultimately your career as well
- Recognizing that there are lots of different modalities for treatment, and what works for one person won’t necessarily work for someone else
- Some of the newer trends in mainstream addiction treatment
- An insider’s perspective on why treatment centers are shifting from inpatient to outpatient-oriented
- Why many treatment centers have been shutting down completely
- What to look for when choosing an inpatient or outpatient treatment center
- Jordan’s advice for anyone struggling who wants to quit drinking or drugs
- Jordan’s website
Right-click here and save as to download this episode on your computer.
Leave a Reply