Matt and Chris discuss a new study that suggests the vast majority of inpatient rehabs in the nation don’t use evidence-based treatment but instead focus on dogma, and how the Virtual Recovery resources are better than ever before.
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- New research sheds light on just how many inpatient rehabs in America don’t offer evidence-based treatment for opioid use disorder (OUD) in the form of agonist treatment
- Why more and more people are choosing virtual recovery resources such as coaching, online courses, Facebook groups, telemedicine, and much more
- How to take what you like and leave the rest when listening or reading new information
- How dogma, groupthink, and ego-investment in the Big Book teachings permeate the fabric of inpatient treatment in the U.S.
- Using technology rather than letting it use you
- How Chris rescued another dog (“Freya”) to have a sister for his recent rescue (“Magnus”) a few months ago (video footage below)
Here are the resources mentioned in the outro of this episode: