Synopsis: Chris Scott and Matt Finch discuss the four burners theory and applying it to their addiction recovery journeys. They also talk about how to prioritize important areas of life, seeing the positive progress throughout recovery despite setbacks, and learning to voluntarily choose an alcohol- or drug-free lifestyle.
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- How we tend to focus on negative aspects of life despite the positives
- How possible it is to see progress in multiple areas of life
- Understanding the theory of the “four burners” for time management
- Learning where to allocate energy to certain priorities
- Hoe biochemical components can affect the energy we put into our priorities
- The importance of having a good support system
- Voluntarily wanting an addiction-free lifestyle
Links to Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Disclaimer: This episode is for informational/educational use only and does not constitute medical advice. Please consult with your physician if you believe you may have a health condition.