Synopsis: Matt Finch interviews Zach Reeder. They discuss the meaning of adversity as it applies to addiction and alcoholism, and learning ways to overcome the adversity.
About Zach Reeder
Zach Reeder is a Fit Recovery Coach who specializes in helping clients overcome alcohol addiction using the Hierarchy of Recovery model along with customized strategic plans and much more. He is a certified personal trainer and has been counseling in addiction recovery for 3 years.
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- Defining adversity
- Zach’s personal story with overcoming adversity
- The stigma around addiction and alcoholism
- Cycle of using substances to overcome adversity which creates further adversity
- Creating a plan for outgrowing alcohol and addiction
- Being curious instead of judgmental
- Learning there are more resources than tradition 12-step programs
- Discussing Dr. John E. Sarno
- Danger of having unrealistic expectations
- Discussing George Mckeown
- Adopting more responsibility
- Being comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Pain of discipline vs. pain of regret
Links to Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Disclaimer: This episode is for informational/educational use only and does not constitute medical advice. Please consult with your physician if you believe you may have a health condition.