Matt Finch and Chris Scott discuss Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS Therapy) for addiction recovery, expanding/improving/freeing detox treatments, and biohacking with new supplements, old proven ones, nutrition, and more.
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- Matt discusses new trends and treatments from a magazine publication on Addiction & Recovery: New Discoveries that Offer Hope
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) for opioid use disorder (OUD), alcohol use disorder (AUD), and other addictions
- Chris and Matt comment on the lack of information in the traditional addiction treatment literature pertaining to supplements and nutrition
- Investing in high-quality foods and supplements for addiction recovery
- Finding the best deals on supplements so you can still afford some no matter what your situation
- The potential benefits of having free detox centers all over America and how that would actually save money
- How addiction costs America $800,000,000 annually
- Research suggesting that each dollar invested in addiction funding saves six dollars in total
- Pondering on how nutrition and supplements might become free or reduced cost for people with a substance use disorder and how that might look
- How Chris feels so in touch with his body/health that he can tell what he needs and why
- Matt’s new favorite new adaptogen combo supplement called Supreme Creation by Dragon Herbs
- Dr. Ron’s Grass-fed Freeze-Dried Bull Testicle Capsules (world’s highest natural source of bioavailable testosterone)
- How long-term opioid regular use can lead to Opioid-Induced Endocrinopathy, Opioid-Induced Adrenal Insufficiency, and Opioid-Induced Hyperalgesia to name a few
- Matt’s experience with low testosterone then getting on Testosterone Replacement Therapy a month before turning 40 and how that changed his life for the better
- Unpicking ‘Dopamine Detoxes’ and ‘Dopamine Fasts (Holidays)’
- How Matt’s life improved significantly from quitting social media
- Time of Your Life by Tony Robbins; time management/goal-achieving program that Matt used and highly recommends
- Self-Authoring Program by Jordan Peterson; tool for figuring out what you want to do with your life
- The power of knowing yourself (Self-Knowledge)
- The power of knowing about addiction
- Trying to overcome addiction without knowing yourself well and without knowing the obstacles of recovery is very hard
- Transcending addiction becomes much less difficult when you know yourself well and know the process of detox and recovery well
- Having tons of different ways to feel good that are natural health as a great addition to a relapse prevention plan
- Totally transcending a substance so much that you could seriously care less about it
- A man in meetings and working in treatment reports still getting intense cravings to use drugs/alcohol even 20 years into “recovery” (and how is this normal??)
Recovery Courses mentioned:
Right-click here and save as to download this episode on your computer.
Debra Garriga says
Ya know, deer placenta isn’t as disgusting of a thought as human placenta.
In case you don’t know: the Aboriginal people eat human placenta.
Overall, inspiring episode in 100’s of ways.
You guys have definitely boosted my confidence — I CAN DO THIS!
Thank you ❤️
Matt & Chris says
When all else fails… try deer placenta haha. Glad this episode boosted your confidence! Of course you can, and will, do it!
What supplements do you recommend for brain health and increased dopamine?
Thank you for all your amazing content.
Matt & Chris says
Here are some top overall brain-gut-health products to look into:
BioRebalance Nutrient Support
Apex Energetics Dopatone