Matt Finch and Chris Scott take you on a journey of exploration to learn about the most effective non-ingestible biohacks for recovering from addiction. Non-ingestible meaning things other than supplements, nootropics, foods, and elixirs. And stacking meaning the combinations of two or more biohacks at a time.
The new ‘science’ of biohacking has become wildly popular over the last couple of years, as it’s helping countless individuals learn the skills needed to upgrade their bodies and minds.
By enhancing the functions of our brain and body, we can heal from addiction, reverse anxiety, depression, and other disorders, and finally, optimize our health and wellness in a way that we previously didn’t know how to do.
Matt and Chris are long-time Recovery Biohackers.
In this Season 3 Finale, they share with you their favorite non-ingestible biohacks that can help you transcend addiction and live a better, healthier life.
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- Surfing as an ultimate biohack for addiction recovery
- Surfing does the following biohacks all at once: exercise, dopamine boost (from having so much fun), negative ions from the waves, ozone, sunlight, cold therapy (when cold water), earthing (aka grounding), and oxytocin (when surfing with friends)
- Thermal stress (eg cold therapy from cold water submersion or cryotherapy machines)
- Saltwater therapy, freshwater therapy
- Bodysurfing and swimming benefits
- Benefits of using sun lamps in peripheral vision to get UV light therapy
- The vitamin D deficiency epidemic and how to get vitamin D from the sun or manmade light therapy
- Physical and psychological symptoms from being deficient in vitamin D
- Taking a vitamin D3 supplement and using it with vitamin K2 for absorption
- Matt’s coaching client that came off 60 grams of Kratom a day with no acute withdrawal symptoms, and no post-acute withdrawal symptoms other than getting less sleep than usual
- Supplements that act as natural sunblocks to prevent sunburn
- How to progressively add more sunlight to prevent sunburn
- How depression and anxiety are generally lower in coastal areas
- Inpatient rehab centers that seem to help more when they’re right by the ocean and especially in warm weather
- Repairing biochemistry with fundamental strategies like nutrition and supplements as a base to add other biohacks and stacks
- Deep tissue massage benefits for addiction recovery, relaxation, pain relief, boosted mood, and biochemical optimization
- The concept of the “body is the subconscious mind”
- Chronic tension from not dealing with issues and repressing them into the subconscious mind
- Yogis believing our traumatic memories are stored in the hips
- How Chris uses Epsom salt baths with essential oils while listening to binaural beats with headphones
- Diffusers with essential oils
- Aromatherapy for mental health and addiction recovery
- Essential oils of sage and eucalyptus oil
- Mainstream soaps having chemicals that could cause endocrine dysfunction
- CBD bath bombs
- CBD benefits for mental health, pain relief, and addiction recovery
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Ultimate Opiate Recovery Coaching
- 12 Week Coaching Package with Matt Finch to help you quit opioids
- Ultimate Opiate Detox 4.0
- Total Alcohol Recovery 2.0