Tapering is systematically reducing your dosage of a substance over an extended period of time to reduce shock to the brain and body. This minimizes withdrawal symptoms and can often make quitting drugs or alcohol easier than a cold-turkey detox.
Tapering is not the best strategy for every person, but it’s a proven way for most people to end an addiction with more ease than quitting all at once.
Here are the main topics discussed in this episode:
- Overview of tapering
- Basic tapering tactics
- Advanced tapering tactics
- Using the “Key 3” while tapering
- Supplements for tapering
- Nutrition protocol for tapering
- Exercise benefits while tapering
- Mindset strengthening while tapering
- Overcoming the “3 Fears”
- Wiring your brain with empowering neuro-associations
- How to use meta-cognition to change your life
- Journaling benefits while tapering
- Self-development books and videos to strengthen mindset and philosophy
- Emotional regulation on a taper
- Having self-discipline
- Constant-and-never-ending improvement
Here are the main resources discussed in this episode:
- Julia Ross on Amino Acid Therapy For Opioid, Alcohol and Other Addictions, and Food Cravings
- The “Miracle Supplements” That Helped Matt and Chris Overcome Alcohol and Opioid Addiction
- Ultimate Opiate Detox 4.0
- Total Alcohol Recovery 2.0
- Drinking Sucks!
Right-click here and save as to download this episode on your computer.
Any help or ideas for methadone detox? Im in hell
There’s a advance methadom tapper on YouTube on matt channel that you can follow I used it and it worked for me.
I’m looking to gradually taper off 8mg Suboxone. I’ve been on MAT for 11 years of my recovery and need a realistic solid taper schedule.
Blessings to all who’re seeking or in recovery.
Yes. Go as slow as hell. Ban the word rus6
Dawn Kennedy says
Sinclair method for mike?
Ted talk above is so awesome, maybe have Claudia on the show That would be so great.
He tried it before but didn’t stick with it. I told him it takes time. I’ll watch the Ted Talk, thanks for posting a link. 🙂 -Matt